Terms and Conditions
The car rental agreement is between you (the driver) and the car rental company.
Please be sure to confirm the rental contract when you pick up the car.
Payment of Rental Rates
Payment of any other charges/penalty incurred afterward, such as late fees, fuel charge, and drop-off charges, must be made at the time you return the vehicle.
Credit card payment is necessary for all ToCoo! reservations.
If there are any unpaid charges for the car rental, the charges will be charged to the registered credit card. If there are no unpaid charges, there will be no charge to your credit card. Also, credit card payment is required to purchase ToCoo! products.
Note there will be a penalty charge if you delay your return date without informing the car rental company. Also, please contact us when extending any ToCoo! services, such as Wi-Fi routers, ETC cards, et cetera.
If you delay the return date without contacting ToCoo!, late fees may be charged.
Drop-off fee is required, which is stipulated by each rental car company.
Cancellation During Rental
The unused rental period will not be refunded since it will be offset by the cancellation fee.
Please note that the insurance coverage will not apply if you fail to obtain an accident report issued by the local police or if the accident is not covered by your insurance policy.
You are responsible for costs incurred to repair and/or replace flat tires, dead batteries, et cetera.
Please make sure to register the mobile phone number and e-mail address that we can use to contact you during your stay in Japan.
Please make sure to be on time for your car pick-up. Call your rental company as soon as you become aware of a delay in picking up your car.
In the event of an accident, the some parts of the driver's personal privacy may be disclosed to a third party for problem resolution.
We send emails, email magazines, and advertising, et cetera from our web site.
When you use our service, you must not do the following or similar behaviors. We may cancel your reservation if we find that you have been carrying out such actions.
- Practices using our service or website with dishonest purpose.
- Infringement of intellectual property rights such as trademark rights, copyright and patent rights, and rights of likeness and rights of publicity of our company, our business partners, and third parties.
- Practices to destroy rights, honor, and trust of our company, business partners, and third parties, and also privacy violations.
- Practices connecting with crime, such as scamming.
- Practices using our service and website to spoof somebody else.
- Practices that erase or tamper with information of our company, business partners, and third parties.
- Practices illegally using facilities or infringing on operation of them of our company, business partners, and third parties.
- Practices violating laws, regulations, and public order and morality.
- Practices interfering with the operation of our service or website.
- Practices using our website or service for commercial purposes, or any other purpose not for yourself.
- Practices profiting anti-social forces, such as organized crime groups, et cetera.
- The act of reserving and driving a rental car with an international driver's license issued illegally.
On the Elimination of Antisocial Forces
ToCoo! users and his/her companions shall announce that none of the following items applies.
In the event of violation of such representation, we may cancel the user's contract with the user concerned or include the service of the user, we may suspend the use of any services related to ToCoo!, cancel other contracts accompanying this service, or take necessary measures (including legal measures) such as claims for damages.
- ・Organized crime groups, a member of an organized crime group, a related company or association of an organized crime group, and any other equivalent person.
- ・Sokaiya (corporate racketeer)
- ・Social movement, et cetera
- ・Special intelligence violence group, the persons concerned, or others.
- ・Groups or individuals pursuing economic benefits using violence, power, or fraudulent methods
- ・Those who have not passed five years since they were no longer a member of an organized crime group
- ・Other equivalents
- ・Those in close friendship with these people.
Discontinuation and Interruption of Service
Our company may discontinue or interrupt part of or whole service in the following cases. We will not be responsible even if disadvantages or damages occurs because of this discontinuation or interruption. (Excluding cases when our company owes willfulness or gross negligence.)
- The maintenance of the service of this system is done regularly or urgently.
- The telecommunications operators discontinue telecommunications services.
- This service can no longer be provided normally because of war, riot, civil commotion, labor disputes, earthquake, volcanic eruption, flood, tsunami, fire, communications equipment fire, power failure, contamination by computer virus and any other emergency.
- Temporary interruption of this service is difficult to avoid because the operation is done below the usual state of the art.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan regarding its conclusion, enforcement, implementation and interpretation.
We and the Customer hereby agree that any dispute arising from this service shall be resolved in good faith through consultation. If the dispute cannot be resolved, the Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive jurisdictional court for this agreement.