ToCoo! Wide Support（T.W.S.）
ToCoo! Wide Support (T.W.S.) is an original service from ToCoo! that includes ToCoo! Additional Support (T.A.S.) and travel accident compensation.
- ToCoo! Additional Support (T.A.S.) is a ToCoo! exclusive original service that covers non-operation charge (N.O.C.) and towing fees incurred when cars are damaged due to accidents or trouble during the rental car usage period.
- ToCoo! Wide Support (T.W.S.) is required when booking the Free Overnight Hotel Stay Plan.
- You can not apply for TAS at the car rental outlet.
Please see fees for each option in the reservation form.
- Please see below for more information on each option.
Customer's contribution amount in case of rental car trouble
- T.A.S. ONLY:
- In case of accident when compensation coverage is not included in the reservation, the non-operation charge (N.O.C.) is 0 yen. In addition, we will cover up to 100,000 yen (tax included) for towing fees if the vehicle cannot be driven. However, the compensation fee must be paid at the rental car outlet.
- T.A.S. + Compensation Coverage:
- For those who add on Compensation Coverage & those who book the Full Coverage Plan, the customer burden is 0 yen. In addition, we will cover up to 100,000 yen (tax included) for towing fees if the vehicle cannot be driven.
- T.A.S. is an abbreviation for ToCoo! Additional Support.
- N.O.C. is an abbreviation for non-operation charge. Non operation charge is the amount the customer pays to the rental car company as "compensation for leave of absence" during the repair period when repair or cleaning is required due to accident or breakdown etc.
- The compensation fee is the amount of money that the customer must pay in case of destroying the vehicle by an accident or property damage.
- Compensation coverage is the rental car company's system in which you are exempted from paying property and vehicle damage compensation in the event of a car accident or trouble.
In case of an accident
- T.A.S. ONLY:
- If T.A.S. is included in the reservation but not compensation coverage, it is not necessary to pay the N.O.C. fee at the car rental outlet, but please pay the compensation fee.*Some car rental companies or outlets may require you to pay the N.O.C. fee. In that case, once you have paid the N.O.C. fee at the car rental outlet, ToCoo will reimburse you for the N.O.C. fee.
- T.A.S. + Compensation Coverage:
- If the reservation includes T.A.S. and compensation coverage, there is no need to pay either the N.O.C. fee or the compensation fee at the car rental outlet.*Some car rental companies or outlets may require you to pay the N.O.C. fee. In that case, once you have paid the N.O.C. fee at the car rental outlet, ToCoo will reimburse you for the N.O.C. fee.
*If you have used towing services, please pay the wrecker fee to the tow truck company first, then apply for compensation from ToCoo. Please use the tow truck company designated by the rental car company.
Please use the tow truck company designated by the rental car company. If you do not know the telephone number of the tow truck company, please check with the original pickup rental car outlet.
N.O.C. and Towing Fee Compensation Application
We will accept applications for N.O.C. fees and towing fees if you paid the fee already. Please contact us with the rental car reservation name, rental car reservation number, and the circumstances of the accident from our Inquiry Form. After confirming the details, we will send you an email with details on the compensation procedure.
- You will need to attach the N.O.C. or towing fee receipt when you reply to our e-mail, so you must keep all relevant receipts and documents after paying at the rental car outlet. If there is no receipt, we cannot accept your application.
- We will remit the money to the specified account after confirming the details with the rental car company.
- You must submit the application within 60 days of the rental car return date or we will not be able to accept your application.
We cannot accept applications for the following cases
- Smoking in a non-smoking car
- Filling up with an incorrect fuel type
- Intentionally damaging or dirtying the car
- An accident caused by driving in areas that require winter equipment (snow tires or tire chains) without reserving winter equipment
- Breaching the terms stated in the rental car company's lease agreement
Travel Accident Compensation
Within the period of rental car use, the maximum compensation ToCoo! will pay for sudden unexpected accidents (including the time spent outside of the rental car but within the rental period) resulting in death reparations, hospitalization, outpatient care (such as physical disability), solatium, et cetera, separate from any insurance money from a car rental company, is up to 15 million yen. Please read further details in the "Standard Form Travel Agent Contract-Subscription Type Package Tour Contract Section".