Almost all cars available from ToCoo have a Japanese GPS.
How to Use a Japanese GPS
A Japanese GPS can be used by English speakers! Although Japanese GPS's have been designed for use by Japanese speakers, they can still be used by English speakers.
BEFORE YOU DRIVE
Make sure that your rental car outlet staff:
- switches the GPS to 'ON'
- shows you the programming procedure
so that you can follow these steps.
Then, try it yourself before you drive away.
Programming The GPS
- Make sure the parking brake is 'ON'
- Start the engine. A map of your present location will appear on the screen.
- Program your destinations by following our manual
GPS Screen Guide
- 目的地検索： Search and Set the destination
- 名称50音： Set destination by name of the destination
- 自宅： Set destination to Original Home address
- 登録地： Set destination from the registered locations
- 住所：Set destination by address
- 電話番号：Set destination by phone number
- 周辺施設：Set destination from nearby locations
- 目的地履歴：Set destination to the previous destination
- ルート：Choose the route to the destination
- 情報：Information about nearby locations
- 設定：Screen and GPS settings
- 明るさ：Screen brightness
This is just an example of a typical GPS.
You may have a different type of GPS.
We cannot guarantee that you will have the same type of GPS as this.